Tuesday, May 29, 2012

T+7 Days am I normal?

HEL YELL "OH"...... ITS ME!   




THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS FOR MY "BAND MATES"!     

Went to see Dr. H yesterday, he felt me up and down and said all is good.    I can drive now as long as i'm not on my pain meds anymore.    So my last dose was yesterday morning. 

OUCHEY!   I'm up at 2:00 am blogging because my belly hurts in the port area.   Its just a nagging, litte pain that appears when I turn over in bed or stand-up from the chair?  

 
FOOD!   Why am I completely satisfied with 2 cups of soup and 2 shakes and some damn water.   I'm sorry, but this is just not normal or is it?   Is this the honeymoon period...is my hunger going to roar its nasty ugly head soon again?    I am left thinking is this the new me feeling of my band.    Ive never felt so free of the nagging in my head regarding food in my life.    I feel freed, out of control happy and wonderful.    This is uphoria!   Will it last?

WORK!    I'm heading back Thursday.    Thought I was ready, but after no pain meds wonder if i'm pushing it.    


Just another picture of my round little RUMP ROAST to remind me of who I am today!   MOVE IT MOVE IT!

7 comments:

  1. I am the bearer of bad news, for me the 'full' feeling just totally disappeared one day. Poof, and the emeffer was outta there. Then I entered my bandster hell period (I am now re-visiting until my fill this afternoon). I think once the swelling in your tumtum goes down you suddenly have a big hole again! At least that is how it worked for me.

    Port pain, that be far was the hurtiest but eventually it goes away. When you go back to work wear elastic pants if you can. I still get a little sore after doing any sort of crunching exercise, so Mr Muscle tries to keep me straight as much as possible.

    I love your round rump roast and that you are out there shaking it!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great can't freaking wait. I have another appt on June 29th so hopefully I make it until then without this happening.

      Delete
  2. i still have a little pain at the port site. my surgeon said this is normal, they have to stitch the port to the muscle so it will hurt more.

    as for the food, i was told even though I don't have any fill in the band, the stomach will be swollen for a while so might have restriction because of that. i have noticed some head hunger, but not too bad. just when I see my husband eating cookies.

    i went back to work yesterday. sitting all day was hard, I was sore at the end of the day and really tired. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home this week. Taday i'll be getting up and moving around more than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my work back to 1/2 days only this week. Totally paranoid of setting myself back. I cannot wait to be released to workout again, I can feel my body and my core is just so weak right now.

      Worked out like a fool to strengthen myself to prepare for the surgery, its crazy how fast that goes away.

      Delete
  3. It looks like recovery is going smooth and quickly, yay! I don't have any advice for ya, I'll be asking you for advice here pretty soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a wealth of information now! When are you submitting to insurance?

      Delete
  4. I have the same full feeling now! I barely eat and the thought of eating actually disgusts me. Now I know what skinny people feel like.

    Everyone is different, as your band gets looser you'll start getting hungrier. Then it will time for a fill!

    ReplyDelete