Sunday, May 13, 2012

Last Meal Last Phat Thoughts

Well I just had my last meal as Phat Michelle.   What was it?   Nothing spectacular...Coney Island Grilled Chicken Pita with Ranch and some french fries.    I am not really even mourning food at all at this point.  My mind is in this and am just so freaking ready to get this damn show on the road already!  




I spent the evening last night with my best girlfriends who are all simply gorgeous ladies.    I think to myself in getting ready for this evening, am I the only one who sees me as this Phat?    I feel like a Size 12 but clearly am a Size 22.    I wonder what thin Michelle will look like?  Who will thin Michelle be?   Will I be as thin as these lovely ladies, or will I just be a little plump version of me 20 yrs ago?    I have not been below a Size 16 in probably 22 years, which would have made me 18 years old.  


I have so many questions....and no answers.   First and foremost, I am a control freak; not having any control and not knowing what the future holds is really very annoying for me.    I want to know...OK by July 15th I will be a Size ____, followed by, more dates and stats, etc.. Realizing this does not work this way and weight is going to be slow and steady, may just drive me fucking insane!


Here is my first weight goal I will write down.    Loose 40 lbs by September 19th.     The next time I get together with these girls, will be around this time for another 40 year  birthday celebration.    I want to be able to post a group picture from this fabulous evening and not look so phat.    I will post it right here, so the difference can be noticeable.   That would really make me happy.    :)


I think I have the best family and friends ever and the support and love for me is just fabulous.   My mom and Dad are going to come up from Ohio and stay during my surgery.   My husband...well he just surprised the shit out of me!    I start liquids tomorrow morning and will not really be able to eat anything of substance until June 4th.    I open the fridge and there is not really much food in there.   He says what you eat is what I'm going to eat until end of June!     He wants to also loose some weight and there is no sense in him "cooking" he said when I am having shakes and such a restricted diet.     So, we both are going to do this first part together.     Knowing how hard this is going to be for me, I am secretly so happy he is doing this with me.   The definition of a true best friend, Love you Buns.









16 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm so glad your family is supportive. Mine is too, but it made me sad that some of the girls in my "band class" do NOT have any support at home. :-( I too am ready to get the party started! May 23rd cannot get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sara I think we are lucky, I really could not imagine doing this without the support!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Having to sit at Burger King and watch my boyfriend eat when I was 3 days out from surgery was not one of my favorite moments of the process. I don't mean to rag on him though because he was so nice and supportive... but adopting a liquid diet himself... hahaha I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we will see how long he lasts..... i'm sure at some point he will advert to some cheese slices or salad or something. But I think it is cute that he is going to try.

      Delete
  3. What great support you have!

    I still feel like the Phat me. Losing the weight never made that go away for me. Hmm... thx for the thought provoking thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See that is what I was thinking too...its been so long, I wonder if I will ever feel thin. I see my girl friends in this photo and most of them have never had a weight problem and I think they are just naturally thin. But then, I hear one of them mention about "going over her calories for the day". I think for a brief moment, maybe they do get it and just more disciplined than I was ever.

      Delete
  4. With so much support, you will do great! Hubby of the year at your house! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, your hubs is awesome!! Peaches would go down in the basement to eat, but I don't think he would have even entertained the liquid diet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Michelle! So excited for you! It's so great your husband is being supportive. Mine is as well, but I'm sure he will become even more when the time gets closer and I get that "APPROVED" from my insurance company. I too ponder about what "thin julie" will look like/talk like/act like/dress like/think like. I've never been thin... So I have NO IDEA what it's like. But I'm ready to find out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just came cross your blog...nice job...Good luck on your upcoming surgery...I thought your statement about being a control freak and how not knowing what's in your future made so much sense. I feel that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Michelle, thanks for commenting on my blog.. good luck to you with your surgery you will do just fine.

    I am about 2.5 years out with my band.. I am going in for a Tummy Tuck now.. so .. I've lost the weight, just need to tighten up the loose ends now..

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, you are beautiful already. At a size 22. You will be knock-down gorgeous at a 12. But, better yet, you will feel so much healthier. I can't wait to find out where your journey will lead you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! So excited to follow along with your journey! I wish my boyfriend was as supportive as your husband.. lol!
    GOOD LUCK LADY! You'll do fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan...do you have a blog. Oh and Buns had a big fat greek salad last night and pita bread.

      Delete
    2. Yea...i found your blog! yahoo we have the same background. Smashing.....

      Delete