Friday, July 13, 2012

Vacation Update


It was a short-term goal to have my surgery in May, recover and recooperate so that I would be back up and ready for my vacation, the week July 9th.  

Mission Accomplished!     

I have had a fabulous week off work, traveled to Ohio to spend time with family and friends.    Quality time with my neice Rachel.   Rest, relaxation, movies and naps with Buns!


Kudos to me!.... I still managed to incorporate working out into my trip to Ohio and my week off.  I have awesome friends who support my goals and met me for a 12 mile bike ride.    That is what friends are for!
Biking Group, minus Buns

Me and my Bike Mile 9


 
I also had my neice for 2 days and she came to spin class with me, followed by the next morning she attened one of my PT sessions.    She has been hurting for 2 days...so I'm feeling pretty good that a 15 year old had trouble keeping up with me.   What are Auntie's for if not for bun busting! 
and
{Cold Stone Creamery at 9:00 pm..shame shame shame on us!}

Me and Rach before Spin

Feeling Cocky Before Spin

Sweaty and Tired After Spin
 As far as food goes, I did struggle to eat healthy!   There were lots of not so good choices, but my band helped with portion control.    My Dad said he noticed a huge difference in my eating patterns and was so proud of me.    It was akward eating on Saturday at the picnic, I felt as if everyone was checking out my plate.    I pretty much ate what I wanted, but in small portions a few times throughout the afternoon and early evening.   

The end result was a -1 lb loss for the Week.   So, I will take it and RUN.  Back on my eating schedule as of yesterday.   It's snoring boring but must be done! 

This is not a diet, but a new way of life.  My life, my way, my health, my body and my choice.

7 comments:

  1. so so so awesome to pull a loss on vacay and to exercise....Huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! Nice to see you give your niece a run for her money... just wait till next year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your trip was huge success!! Congrats! Way to loose weight on vacation! So awesome!
    <3 Sam
    Www.loosingweightgaininglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time, and -1 lb on top! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Sounds like a blast and you lost weight to boot. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great vacation! I feel that same way -- I think people are looking at what I'm eating...but whatever right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on working out during vacation! I took my workout clothes and didn't work out once!

    ReplyDelete